Tuesday 3 July 2012

ABYC to MCC via TO

The clouds rolled in about 7:30 this morning on a light easterly breeze. The skyline still looks hazy, but it was much prettier last night.
The view from Green Dock slip 101
This morning I hopped the Woodbine bus up to Gerrard and the UK Halsey loft where Tristan Story and company got me all fixed up with a new seam and insurance stitches in the leach of all the other seams on the cocktail jib. They did It all while I grabbed breakfast and I was back to the boat in well under two hours.

I got back just ahead of daughter Martha's arrival. She is making a rare trip east and it was great to see her and enjoy a good afternoon's sail. We zig-zagged our way around the Leslie Spit, in the Eastern Gap and across the harbour for the obligatory view of the skyline. There's a lot more airplane traffic through the Island Airport than last time We were here!

We drifted out through the Western Gap and across Humber Bay to the Mimico Cruising Club for yet another reciprocal slip! A very well protected bay shared with Etobicoke YC with slips for hundreds of boats. Martha and Graham headed off on the TTC to catch up on their social lives. Laura and I are expecting my brother John to join us for dinner. I don't know if tonight's scenery will be as photogenic as last night's was under the full moon.

The other direction from Green Dock
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment