Saturday 26 May 2012

Jemmett's for an Early Weekend

On reviewing the weather predictions for Saturday (negligible wind) we decided to give the Pigeon Island Race a pass this year. I hope they all have fun out there.

2012/05/25: Departed KYC 1315 in about 20 from the SSE and had a fast, close genny reach all the way to Jemmett's and as fast as we've ever done it! Starboard side to on the new dock with tons of depth makes a huge improvement.


Although I only went on shore briefly, and not into the weeds, I managed to pick up a deer tick on my thigh. I didn't notice until the middle of the night when it hurt. I pulled it off, bagged it, and spent some time googling on my phone. Wasn't engorged yet, so I probably wasn't exposed to Lyme, but we should all watch out in the islands. (Once home, a nurse from telehealth confirmed 0% chance of Lyme from a tick attached less than 24 hours, still flat and not engorged with blood, so I'm off the hook.)

Steaks for dinner proved the BBQ still works ;-) Other systems seem to be doing fine. Gorgeous evening sky!


2012/05/26: Tasty breakfast of smoked salmon and eggs and a lazy morning under the sun shade with no wind. We spent some time refitting the old bimini canvas for the new configuration with the solar panel. I followed up by repeatedly banging my head into the bow without the canvas as part of a training exercise. We left around 1500 and sailed back towards KYC. There was decent breeze until we were past Milton, then it faded and we motored the rest of the way home by about 1730.


We had a heron sitting right on the dock in front of us for a while this morning. Just long enough for me to grab my camera and scare it away ;-)


I caught this image as it was taking flight and I was trying to track it with the telephoto lens by hand. I need to work on that technique a little.




I'll leave these tag lines in until I figure out the best combination of technology for posting.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment